Wednesday, October 19, 2016

For the Guys

Hi!  Today and I'm here to give you an idea for cards for the guys in your life! Those can be some of the most challenging ones we create for, but I think a few tips and ideas may help, so let's get started!
masculine1
I think the first thing to keep in mind for most masculine cards is a very neutral palette. Kraft color, browns, dark blues and greens, and maybe touches of some brighter colors could be worked in but overall more earthy. For my card today I chose to stay very neutral in colors. I also decided that instead of an image as a focal point to use a sentiment. I used the Words of Inspiration II stamp set. I first stamped my sentiment in the middle of the card in a dark blue ink. Then I chose the simple leaf shape from the set and chose a very dark brown to stamp a repeating pattern with it across the bottom. Stamping this cute little leaf this way transforms into into a more geometric and non-girly image.
masculine2
I just continued stamping the entire bottom section of the card alternating which way my leaf went.
masculine3
You could potentially leave the card as is and be done, but for some more visual interest and staying away from girly embellishments, some splatter is always a good choice! I just dabbed some of the same dark brown ink color onto my non-stick mat, added a bit of water and used a paint brush to flick it on.

Once the splatter was dry I mounted it onto a white card base and added some jute twine and tied a knot. No bows! :)
masculine5
I hope this gives you some ideas about cards for the guys in our lives. I know this one is going to my husband soon :) Thanks for joining me!
Inspired-by-Stamping-Supplies-Tools-01_thumb.png
Kraft cardstock
Brown and Blue dye ink
Jute Twine
#4 paint brush
white cardstock
Signature

No comments: