Monday, September 12, 2016

Inspirational Frame Gift

Hello! Leah from Paper Blossoms here today to share a gift giving idea. I love inspirational sayings and quotes so what better way to pair some beautiful images up with a lovely inspirational saying and put it in a frame ready to gift to someone special. Let's get started!

Gather your supplies which include stamp sets of your choice, I'm going to use Fresh Bouquet and Words of Inspiration II, a picture frame (the one I'm using is 4x6" ), some white cardstock to stamp on, a die cut label to stamp the sentiment onto, some ink and coloring tools, I'll be using Copic markers.
Gift2
The first step I did was to stamp all my elements. I stamped the large flower bouquet twice onto my cardstock panel in Memento ink. I then stamped the sentiment onto a Fancy Labels 2 die cut. Set the sentiment aside and let's start coloring!
Gift3
I always tend to start coloring my leaves first. I chose four different green and varied the leaf colors. I always start with the lightest color and then go over the top of it with my darker color. For the veins in the leaves I used a flicking motion to add in dark shadows. Can you see the leaf I missed? It's okay, it happens and once you start coloring the flowers the missing leaf will pop out to you.
Gift4
Next, I colored the large hydrangea flowers. I chose the above colors again starting with the lightest color and going toward the darkest. The middles I left for the end.
Gift5
Finally I colored the peonies in a bright pink. I again started with a light color and flicked on darker pink. This contrast was a lot higher than on my hydrangeas so to tone it down and blend it I went back over the dark pink with the light pink and it softens it out. Now attach your sentiment and place your completed image into the picture frame.

And here is the finished project all ready to give to someone special. I added a few stamped images for the Words of Inspiration II set and chose colors that tied in with my background.

I hope you enjoyed today's gift idea! Thanks for joining me :)
Inspired-by-Stamping-Supplies-Tools-01_thumb.png
White Cardstock
Memento Tuxedo Black Ink
MISTI stamping tool
4x6" picture frame
Copic markers: G24, YG91, YG03, YG95, BV0000, BV01, RV10, RV14
Signature

No comments: